|The Bedhead Twins!|
Part of my "stop trippin'" strategy is to spend more time investing and celebrating my strengths, so this month I signed up to participate in the BlogHer NaBloPoMo. I have to post on my blog everyday. For some, that's not so hard. For me it is almost a Herculean feat. I suffer from chronic perfectionism (some might say OCD) which makes it hard to complete these type challenges. I can't spend 6 hours everyday on a 600 word blog post. So I end up aborting my progress out of sheer exhaustion.
See, I am doing it again. Bringing up those dang weaknesses.
To make things easier, I decided to follow the NaBloPo daily prompts. I am finding I do better with assignments these days. So today, my task is to share 5 interesting things about myself.
1. I am an introvert. Not that interesting? Well I am an introverts who's greatest talents are seriously extroverted. I am an singer and speaker. I love both, and I must say I do them really well.
2. The most fun I had in college was when my best friend and I lived in a Frat house over the summer with three guys. One we called Randy, the other was The Ninja and the third was the Rhysdorph. I will kill my daughter twice if I ever caught her doing such a foolish thing. But I was a lucky girl to have such great and protective guy friends.
3. God told me I was going to marry my husband. Listen, I'm not talking about I got a premonition, or a significant gut feeling. He had recently broken up with his girlfriend and as he was telling me how disinterested he as in dating I heard a voice say, "This is the man you are going to marry." I went home and cried because either I was nuts or it was true. Either way I was scared to death. That was 20 years ago. By the way, it was YEARS before I told him.
4. Two years ago I checked myself into a hospital for severe depression. It completely changed my life for the better. I ended up having..gulp...fun. Leave it to me to become one of those kids who sit in the back of the class desperately trying not to snicker. My counterparts were a sweet girl who was arrested for beating up her boyfriend, and a bi-polar film maker who in his slight mania made the most hysterically inappropriate comments. I was horrified when they told me I could go home. I stayed an extra day.
5. Although I miss having straight hair sometimes, I am happy because the world has finally caught up to my love of my wild crazy natural hair! When I was in college with these locks I was pretty much the subject of ridicule.
There. I completed my assignment in less than an hour. Forgive any typos or grammatical issues, to combat my perfectionism (OCD) I am just suppose to write without re-reading or writing.